Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The 56' Cadillac: Dashboard Makeover

All I had was a rattle can... so I sanded and prepped as best I could.
My theory was it would be good rust protection until it could be done better.
But it turned out pretty good if  I do say so myself.

The original dash was in good shape so I just dyed it black with leather dye,
and slathered it in leather conditioner.

I spent a lot of time polishing the chrome.
Thank God they laid that stuff on thick back in the day.
It was 100% intact.
Over spray on your motorcycle?
I don't think that was me... 

I stole an axle spacer from Paul's motorcycle parts bin
to make the housing for the new ignition switch. It fit perfectly!


(After)
It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it looks a lot better.
(Before)

No comments:

Post a Comment